MICHAEL D. ILAGAN founded Blackland Capital Partners and is its founder and Managing Partner. He has advised, managed and invested in businesses for 3 decades.
- Advisor to leading food and consumable companies at Bain.
- Leader of performance improvement at founder owned service business.
Partner investing to support management for 14 years in private equity.
Veteran director of public and private company boards as equity investor.
- Attorney for private equity and insolvencies at leading global law firm, Skadden
- Guest speaker at The University of Texas, Southern Methodist University, The University of Chicago, Association for Corporate Growth of Dallas-Ft. Worth, Dallas Bar Association, Opus Food, Beverage and Agribusiness Summit and iGlobal's The Future of Food and Grocery Amidst Covid-19
- AB/MBA 5 year joint degree in Economics from The University of Chicago.
- Majority ownership transitions
- First institutional capital
- Recapitalizations and restructurings
- Carve-outs and orphans
- Minority equity partnerships
- Food, beverage or waste processing
- Food, beverage or water packaging
- Food, beverage or waste safety, quality, inspection or handling
- Food, beverage or waste value added distribution
- Waste treatment, storage or conservation
- Pet food processing, packaging or distribution
- Waste recycling, reuse or conservation
Above is only a partial, illustrative list of industries of interest to Blackland Capital Partners. Blackland Capital Partners invests in many industries similar or related to the above. Blackland Capital Partners has extensive experience and is a proven leader in private equity investing in these industries.